FT Water Damage Labor Lead Seattle
Job Opportunity: General Labor/Power Washing
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work? Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a family-run, growing company that serves residential and business customers?
Can you work in a team, do physically active work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done?
1-800 Water Damage of Seattle is part of BELFOR the worlds largest property restoration company, and we’re growing quickly.
We’re currently hiring for a Lead Water Damage Specialist, a role that performs water damage services at client sites.
Our business is property restoration through state of the art cleaning using the most advanced equipment in the industry.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
Lead and direct small crew providing the following water damage services in residential, commercial, and industrial settings:
- Water pumping and extraction
- Mold remediation
- Baseboard & carpet cushion removal
- Carpet seam cutting
- Peeling, securing, & reattaching wallpaper
- Specialty drying (hardwood, plaster, etc.)
- Moving & re-setting contents
- Setting drying equipment
- Vehicle safety and maintenance inspections
- Maintaining vehicles in clean, serviceable condition
- Constructing polyethylene enclosures
- Removing and disposing of debris
- Maintaining equipment
Participate in the development of water damage scopes of work, including:
- Determining water category and class
- Moisture mapping
- Equipment specification and sizing
- Use of IR cameras & moisture instruments
- Complete accident, injury, & incident reporting forms
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend 1-800 WATER DAMAGE sponsored operations and safety training courses
Skills / Requirements
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- Frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs.
- Sustained periods of standing, walking, bending, and kneeling
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per 1-800 WATER DAMAGE’s vehicle policy
- Satisfactory completion of OSHA Construction 30 hour course
- Valid EPA Lead Certified Renovator license
- Ability to identify potential site hazards (asbestos, lead paint, mold, etc.)
- Experience with site-specific safety plans
- Experienced operating vehicles up to 26,000 GVW and operating truck-trailer combinations
- Knowledgeable of DOT requirements
- Minimum of one year experience in water damage emergency services
- IICRC certification in water damage restoration
- Working knowledge of restoration industry best water damage practices, including IICRC S-500 and S-520
- Attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property
- Familiarity with chemical products including use, disposal, and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Willing to work nights and weekends when requested
- Periodic travel
- English language literacy and fluency
- Customer service
- Material Safety Data Sheet (SDS) use
- Daily project paperwork including maintaining and training others in use of Water Damage Job Book
- Rapid promotion potential based on job performance - We promote from within
Pay: $13 to $18/hour
Full Time Plus Benefits!
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time