General Labor - Columbia, SC
Our company is 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of East Metro Columbia; we are a leader in the property restoration industry.
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work? Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a family-run, growing company that serves residential and business customers?
Can you work in a team, do physically active work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done?
1-800 Water Damage of E Metro Columbia is part of BELFOR the worlds largest property restoration company, and we’re growing quickly. We’re currently hiring for a Lead Water Damage Specialist, a role that performs water damage services at client sites.
Our business is property restoration through state of the art cleaning using the most advanced equipment in the industry.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
Services & Duties
Partial List of Services:
- Water pumping and extraction
- Mold remediation
- Moving & re-setting client's contents
- Setting drying equipment
- Removing and disposing of debris
Partial List of Duties:
- Vehicle safety and maintenance inspections
- Maintaining vehicles in clean serviceable condition
- Constructing polyethylene enclosures
- Maintaining equipment
- Project paperwork
The 1-800 WATER DAMAGE® brand is owned and managed by BELFOR Franchise Group, a division of BELFOR, the world’s largest property restoration company.
BELFOR Franchise Group is also the parent organization of DUCTZ and HOODZ, both leaders in their respective fields of air duct cleaning and kitchen hood cleaning.
Skills / Requirements
- Able to provide great customer service
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per 1-800 WATER DAMAGE’s vehicle policy
- Frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs.
- Sustained periods of standing, walking, bending, and kneeling
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Satisfactory completion of OSHA Construction 10 hour course
- Attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property
- Familiarity with chemical products including use, disposal, and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Willing to work nights and weekends when requested
- Periodic travel
- Rapid promotion potential based on job performance - We promote from within
Pay: $13 to $18/hour
Hourly Rate Based on Experience
Job Status: Part Time