General Labor Technician - Third Shift
HOODZ Kitchen Exhaust of Central and West Houston is part of the largest restoration company in the nation, and we’re growing fast in Houston. We’re currently hiring for the position of Technician, a role that performs maintenance service and power washing at client sites.
We’re looking for someone mechanically inclined, able to take charge, and wanting to work with a professional, growing company that serves high-end restaurants and first-class hotels. The job will include working with a maintenance crew to perform cleaning services at client sites, and the opportunity for career advancement and greater responsibilities.
- Our business is fire prevention through state of the art cleaning and service of Kitchen Hood and Exhaust systems to NFPA 96 safety fire code standards
*Job duties include (but are not limited to) power washing, loading/unloading equipment, setting up/tearing plastic to protect client equipment, accessing and cleaning duct systems, and other maintenance duties
*This is a part-time hourly position. Hours are primarily overnight (from 10pm to 5 am) from Sunday to Thursday, but schedule will vary. Lead Technicians will pick up the assigned HOODZ truck and drive to multiple sites during the shift. Some daytime work may be required
*The work is flexible and independent, focused on following detailed and efficient procedures
*Territory and job sites limited to downtown Houston; west of Katy and south of I-10
*Benefits include paid holidays and paid time off earned over time with the company
- Compensation ranges between $11-15 per hour, with room for advancement and growth
No prior kitchen exhaust cleaning experience is required, however a background in plumbing, mechanics, repair, or HVAC is a plus. Supervisory experience required. We provide full training in our state-of-the-art techniques.
The right candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills and be a team player
- Have mechanical aptitude and the ability to work with machinery and power washing equipment
- Be focused on identifying and solving problems, and able to communicate solutions effectively
- Be dedicated to outstanding customer service
- Be physically able to climb on roofs and ladders and do some lifting
- Be able to pass drug test, background check
- Have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, cell phone and good references
Send in your resume, and then submit your online application to: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIrG_luf-cuE3EQmhk0cWLpvzQNidnetBQOXhcyVTG7XrZMw/viewform
Pay: $11 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time