General Labor - Third Shift - Silver Spring, MD
Job Opportunity: General Labor/Power Washing
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work? Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a family-run, growing company that serves high-end restaurants and first-class facilities? Can you work in a team, do physically active overnight work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done?
HOODZ Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning of HOODZ of Montgomery County is part of the largest hood cleaning company in the nation, and we’re growing quickly. We’re currently hiring for Technician positions, a role that performs Commercial Kitchen Exhaust cleaning at client sites. This position does not require experience, as we provide all job and safety training.
- Our business is fire prevention through state of the art cleaning and inspection of kitchen hood and exhaust systems to NFPA 96 safety fire code standards.
- Job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Reading and following work orders
- Unloading and loading truck
- Setting up the job site
- Power washing and scraping
- Degreasing, wiping, and polishing all stainless steel
- This is a full-time hourly position. Hours are primarily overnight (approximately 10 pm to 6 am) Sunday to Thursday, but schedule will vary, and may require availability during the window of 3 pm – 10 am.
- This position requires an enormous commitment due to our varying work hours.
- Lead Technicians start every shift at our warehouse in Bowie, MD and drive to multiple sites during the shift.
- Some daytime work may be required.
- This is flexible and independent work, requiring you to follow detailed and efficient procedures.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have valid driver's license and personal vehicle to get to our Operations Headquarters in Bowie, MD
- Pass initial and ongoing background checks
- Pass initial and ongoing drug tests
- No outstanding warrants
- Safe driving record
- Work in small/tight areas
- Physically able to lift/carry up to 75 lbs. for 100 ft.
- Physically able to kneel/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders daily and be comfortable working at heights
- Be mechanically inclined and dedicated to learning the HOODZ Way – our systems and processes
- Hourly starting at $15.00 - promotion potential based on job performance - HOODZ of Greater Montgomery County promotes from within
Pay: $15 to $17/hour
Job Status: Full Time