Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Technician
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work? Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a family-run, growing company that serves high-end restaurants and first-class facilities? Can you work in a team, do physically active overnight work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done? Our company is HOODZ of Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana. We’re currently hiring for Technician positions, a role that performs decontamination at client sites. No experience necessary, however previous mechanical, electrical, or kitchen hood cleaning experience is a plus. Training will be provided.
This position involves helping the crew leader get the job done with a big emphasis on pressure washing and wiping down vent hood (stainless steel). Fast paced team oriented job.
Must have a flexible schedule to work nights and early mornings (when client locations are typically closed). Requires a valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and the ability to pass a background check and drug test. Must be a team player with the ability to take direction and read and understand safety and work procedures
Typically cleaning 2 locations per night (while they are closed) and work Sunday - Thursday night (approx 8p-6a) with the ability to work in both hot and cold weather.
Job duties may include, but not limited to:
- Power washing kitchen exhaust systems: including hoods, duct work, filters and exhaust fans.
- Set up and take down of all job sites and equipment. Including hanging plastic sheeting, securing ladders, wiping down of stainless steel hoods, setting up wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, pre-sprayers, etc.
- Operation of cleaning equipment such as wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, and pre-sprayers.
- Previous experience in the operation of a scissor and/or articulating boom lift a plus
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and climb ladders to gain rooftop access in commercial and industrial establishments.
- Being able to multi-task many job duties at the same time and coordinate the job to its completion
- Maintaining and reporting any deficiencies of customer equipment.
- Complete work projects from start to finish, with limited supervision.
- Providing a high level of customer service through communication with customers and team members.
- Have the desire to learn quickly and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with a growing company.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Have transportation to and from work
- Pass background check (felonies/violent misdemeanors)
- Pass a drug test
- Work in small/tight areas (wiping down inside of restaurant hood)
- Work on feet for 8-10 hrs at a time
- Work on knees for 30 minutes at a time
- Must be able to squat and lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladder
Compensation: $10.00 to $15.00/hour (depending on experience) starting pay with paid holidays after a 90-day start-up period.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Must be able to meet at the main office in Fort Wayne area and travel to job locations in Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana via company supplied vehicle.
Pay: $10 to $15/hour
$10.00 to $15.00/hour (depending on experience) staring pay with paid holiday after a 90-day start-up period.
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time