HIRING NIGHT SHIFT **Manual Labor -Entry Level- FLOOR Technician
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work?
Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a family-run, growing company that services food-service, hospitality, and other facilities?
Can you work in a team, do physically active overnight and or day work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done?
Our company is HOODZ Greater Montgomery County. We’re currently hiring for Technician positions, a role that performs decontamination at client sites. No experience necessary, however previous mechanical, electrical, or kitchen hood cleaning experience is a plus. Training will be provided.
This position involves helping the crew leader get the job done with a big emphasis on Floor Cleaning consisting of Buffing,strip & wax, washing floors. It is a fast-paced and team-oriented job.
Must have a flexible schedule to work days or nights, early mornings (when client locations are typically closed) . Requires a valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and the ability to pass a background check and drug test. Must be a team player with the ability to take direction and read and understand safety and work procedures
Typically cleaning at least 1- 2 locations per day. The work is normally performed Sunday - Saturday night (approx 9p-6a), However, hours can vary from time to time, depending on the job. You must have the ability to work inside, stand on your feet for 5+hours, push heavy equipment 20lbs+more. There also may be day work occasionally.
Job duties may include, but not limited to:
- Floor Maintenance consisting of Buffing, stripping & waxing, mopping and sweeping.
- Set up and take down of all job sites and equipment.
- Operation of cleaning equipment such as Stripper, waxer, buffer and mop to clean commercial spaces .
- Previous experience in operation of floor equipment to successfully buff, strip, wax and mop all floors.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and work safely.
- Being able to multi-task many job duties at the same time and coordinate the job to its completion
- Maintaining and reporting any deficiencies of customer equipment.
- Complete work projects from start to finish, with limited supervision.
- Providing a high level of customer service through communication with customers and team members.
- Have the desire to learn quickly and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with a growing company.
- Must take pride in your work
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have valid driver's license and personal vehicle to get to our Operations Headquarters and Storage unit, in and around the Silver Springs,MD area
- Pass initial and ongoing background checks
- Pass initial and ongoing drug tests
- Safe driving record
- Work flexible hours
- Physically able to lift/carry up to 20 lbs. for 100 ft.
- Physically able to kneel/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to properly use a stripper, waxer, buffer and mop equipment.
- Must have a cell phone for communication
- Be mechanically inclined and dedicated to learning the HOODZ Way – our systems and processes
- Must work well with others
- Comfortable with heights and working in high places.
Location: Meet at the main office in Silver Springs and travel to job locations typically but not limited to the Washington D.C., all of Montgomery County, MD, and beyond when applicable or necessary.
Compensation: $15 per hour (depending on experience) starting pay.
Core Values :
- Show dignity, and respect for all employees and customers.
- View every shortcoming or failure as an opportunity to learn and excel the next time.
- Give employees an opportunity to excel every day, then show them how they did.
- Give customers an opportunity to feel good about choosing us every time we service them.
- Give employees a living wage with benefits to promote self-worth, loyalty, and care for all customers.
- Atmosphere that values integrity and works diligently to meet customer needs.
Job Type: Part time, Full-time
- Silver Spring, MD
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
To learn more about the position of being a HOODZ Exhaust Cleaning Technician visit our HOODZ Careers Page at http://careers.hoodzinternational.com/technicians
Pay: $15 to $16/hour
Depending on Experience
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time