HIRING NIGHT SHIFT -Manual Labor Entry Level *On The Job Training*
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work?
Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a growing company that serves restaurants and facilities?
Can you work in a team, do physically active overnight work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done?
Our company is HOODZ of the Mid and Lower Hudson ValleyTriangle. We’re currently hiring for Technician positions, a role that performs commercial hood cleaning at client sites. No experience necessary, however previous mechanical, electrical, or kitchen hood cleaning experience is a plus. Training will be provided.
This position involves helping the crew leader get the job done with a big emphasis on pressure washing and wiping down vent hood systems. It is a fast-paced and team-oriented job.
Must have a flexible schedule to work nights and early mornings. Requires a valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and the ability to pass a background check and drug test. Must be a team player with the ability to take direction and read and understand safety and work procedures
Typically cleaning 2 locations per night. The work is normally performed Sunday - Thursday night (approx 8p-6a). You must have the ability to work outside in both hot and cold weather.
Job duties may include, but not limited to:
- Power washing kitchen exhaust systems: including hoods, ductwork, filters and exhaust fans.
- Set up and take down of all job sites and equipment. Including hanging plastic sheeting, securing ladders, wiping down of stainless steel hoods, setting up wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, pre-sprayers, etc.
- Operation of cleaning equipment such as wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, and pre-sprayers.
- Previous experience in the operation of a scissor and/or articulating boom lift a plus.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and climb ladders to gain rooftop access in commercial and industrial establishments.
- Maintaining and reporting any deficiencies of customer equipment.
- Complete work projects from start to finish, with limited supervision.
- Providing a high level of customer service through communication with customers and team members.
- Have the desire to learn quickly and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with a growing company.
- Must take pride in your work
- Must have valid driver's license and personal vehicle to get to our operations location in the Lagrangeville area
- Pass initial and ongoing background checks
- Pass initial and ongoing drug tests
- Safe driving record
- Physically able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. for 100 ft.
- Physically able to kneel/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders daily and be comfortable working at heights
- Must have a cell phone for communication
- Be mechanically inclined and dedicated to learning the HOODZ Way – our systems and processes
- Show dignity, and respect for all employees and customers.
- View every shortcoming or failure as an opportunity to learn and excel the next time.
- Give employees an opportunity to excel every day, then show them how they did.
- Give customers an opportunity to feel good about choosing us every time we serve them.
- Give employees a living wage with benefits to promote self-worth, loyalty, and care for all customers.
Pay: $12.75 to $18.50/hour
$12.75/hour starting pay
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time