$16-18 per hour - NIGHT SHIFT - Lead Hood Cleaning Technician
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work? Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a family-run, growing company that serves quality restaurants & first-class facilities? Can you work in a team, do physically active overnight work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done?
HOODZ of Eastern Iowa cleans Commercial kitchen exhaust systems. We are looking for additional team members to work with our staff and lead a crew. We are an independently owned office. We’re currently hiring for a Lead Technician, a role that supervises Spray Technicians in the field. Previous mechanical, electrical, or kitchen hood cleaning experience is a plus, but not necessary. Training will be provided.
In most cases, the lead technician is responsible for the setup, cleaning and takedown of the inside portion of the job. The lead tech should also be accountable for the end result, paperwork and overall quality of the job.
This position involves directing the crew to get the job done with a big emphasis on pressure washing and wiping down vent hood (stainless steel). Fast paced team oriented job.
Must have a flexible schedule to work nights and early mornings (when client locations are typically closed). Requires a valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and the ability to pass a background check and drug test. Must be a team player with the ability to take and give direction and read and understand safety and work procedures.
Typically cleaning 2 locations per night (while they are closed) and work Sunday-Thursday night with the ability to work in both hot and cold weather.
Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Power washing Kitchen exhaust systems: including hoods, ductwork, filters and exhaust fans.
- Set up and take down of all job sites and equipment, including hanging plastic sheeting, securing ladders, wiping down stainless steel hoods, etc.
- Operation of cleaning equipment such as wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, and pre-sprayers
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and climb ladders to gain rooftop access in commercial and industrial establishments.
- Be able to multi-task many job duties at the same time and coordinate the job to its completion.
- Maintaining and reporting any deficiencies of customer equipment.
- Complete work projects from start to finish, with limited supervision.
- Provide a high level of customer service through communication with customers and team members.
- Have the desire to learn quickly and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with a growing company
HOODZ Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning in Eastern Iowa is part of the largest kitchen exhaust cleaning network in the nation. Imagine a job where you get to protect lives, have great hours and the work doesn’t follow you home. We offer that, and more at HOODZ.
We want you to thrive and realize your potential at HOODZ, which is why we will work with you to fulfill your ambitions. Whether you want to grow in your role as a cleaning Technician or one day own your own HOODZ location, we will do what we can to keep you challenged, productive and happy. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Skills / Requirements
Must have valid driver's license
- Have transportation to and from work
- Pass a background check (felonies/violent misdemeanors)
- No outstanding warrants
- Work in small/tight areas (wiping down inside of restaurant hood)
- Lift 50 pounds
- Work on feet for up to 10 hrs at a time
- Work on knees for up to 30 minutes at a time
- Must be able to climb ladder
- Must be available 8pm-8am
More information on our company can be found at http://careers.hoodzinternational.com/technicians
Pay: $16 to $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time