General Labor - Third Shift - (Bridgeport)
Job Opportunity: General Labor/Power Wash Tech
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work? Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a growing company that serves high-end restaurants and first-class facilities?
HOODZ of Fairfield and New Haven Counties conducts Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning and is part of the largest hood cleaning company in the nation, and we’re growing quickly. We’re currently hiring for Technician positions, a role that performs cleaning and fire prevention at client's sites. This position does not require experience, as we provide all job and safety training.
- Our business is fire prevention through state of the art cleaning and inspection of kitchen exhaust systems to NFPA 96 safety fire code standards.
- Job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Reading and following work orders
- Unloading and loading truck
- Setting up the job site
- Power washing and scraping
- Degreasing, wiping, and polishing all stainless steel
- This is a full-time hourly position. Hours are primarily overnight (approximately 10 pm to 6 am) Sunday to Thursday, but the schedule will vary, and we are scheduling jobs during all hours of the day.
- This position requires a high level of flexibility and commitment due to our varying work hours. Jobs sometimes get scheduled on short notice. Hours vary from week to week based on the particular set of locations we are cleaning for the week and when they open and close.
- Lead Technician and training technician start every shift at our warehouse in Bridgeport, CT, conduct the pre-depart procedures, and drive to between one and three sites during the shift.
- Some daytime work will be required.
- This is flexible and independent work, requiring you to follow detailed and efficient procedures. There is NOT a foreman for each crew. The two individuals that make up each crew need to work as a team, follow procedure, work safely, responsibly, efficiently, and effectively.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have valid driver's license and personal vehicle to get to our Operations Headquarters in Bridgeport
- Pass initial and ongoing background checks
- Pass initial and ongoing drug tests
- No outstanding warrants
- Safe driving record
- Work in small/tight areas
- Physically able to lift/carry up to 75 lbs. for 100 ft.
- Physically able to kneel/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and be comfortable working at heights
- Be mechanically inclined and dedicated to learning the HOODZ Way – our systems and processes
- Hourly starting at $15.00 - Rapid promotion potential based on job performance - HOODZ promotes from within
Pay: $15 to $18/hour
Pay period is weekly
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time