Hiring Night Shift Cleaning Technician *** On The Job Training***
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work? Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a growing company that serves restaurants and facilities? Can you work in a team, do physically active overnight work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done? Our company is HOODZ of Birmingham
We’re currently hiring for Technician positions, a role that performs commercial hood cleaning at client sites. No experience necessary, however previous mechanical, electrical, or kitchen hood cleaning experience is a plus. Training will be provided.
This position involves helping the crew leader get the job done with a big emphasis on pressure washing and wiping down vent hood systems. It is a fast-paced and team-oriented job.
Must have a flexible schedule to work nights and early mornings. Requires a valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and the ability to pass a background check and drug test. Must be a team player with the ability to take direction and read and understand safety and work procedures
Typically cleaning 2 locations per night. The work is normally performed Sunday - Thursday night (approx 8p-6a). You must have the ability to work outside in both hot and cold weather.
Job duties may include, but not limited to:
- Power washing kitchen exhaust systems: including hoods, ductwork, filters and exhaust fans.
- Set up and take down of all job sites and equipment. Including hanging plastic sheeting, securing ladders, wiping down of stainless steel hoods, setting up wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, pre-sprayers,
- Operation of cleaning equipment such as wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, and pre- sprayers.
- Previous experience in the operation of a scissor and/or articulating boom lift a plus
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and climb ladders to gain rooftop access in commercial and industrial
- Maintaining and reporting any deficiencies of customer
- Complete work projects from start to finish, with limited
- Providing a high level of customer service through communication with customers and team
- Have the desire to learn quickly and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with a growing
- Must take pride in your work Skills/ Requirements
- Must have valid driver's license and personal vehicle to get to our operations location in the Pelham area
- Pass initial and ongoing background checks
- Pass initial and ongoing drug tests
- Safe driving record
- Physically able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. for 100
- Physically able to kneel/stand for long periods of
- Must be able to climb ladders daily and be comfortable working at heights
- Must have a cell phone for communication
- Be mechanically inclined and dedicated to learning the HOODZ Way – our systems and processes
Location: Meet at the main office in the Pelham area and travel in company truck to job locations Central Alabama.
Compensation: $14 to $18 /hour starting pay.
- Show dignity, and respect for all employees and
- View every shortcoming or failure as an opportunity to learn and excel the next
- Give employees an opportunity to excel every day, then show them how they
- Give customers an opportunity to feel good about choosing us every time we service them.
- Give employees a living wage with benefits to promote self-worth, loyalty, and care for all
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License Salary: $12.50 to 14.00/hour
$14 to $18 based on experience
Work Type: Full Time Locations
HOODZ of Birmingham, Pelham, Alabama 35124
Tim German, email@example.com
Category: General Labor, Restaurant/Food Service, Skilled Trades - Machinist/Technician Tag: diversity, professional, career, labor, pizza, general labor, maintenance, independent, technical, warehouse, team player, technician, hands on, laborer, restaurants, service, bakery, mechanical, tech, work independently, full time, third shift, cleaning, advancement, skilled
trades, veteran, opportunity, overnight, fire safety, stable, fire prevention, overtime, field service technician, mechanically inclined, veterans, pressure washing, field service tech, night work, power washing, power washing, kitchen exhaust cleaning
EEO Category: Technicians
This job is set to collect candidates using the Recruiting.com CRM. Auto Response Text
Dear Job Seeker,
We appreciate your interest in HOODZ of Birmingham and the position of Technician for which you applied.
We are reviewing applications currently and expect to schedule interviews in the next couple of weeks.
If you are selected for an interview, you can expect a phone call and/or email from us shortly. .
For more information about being a HOODZ Exhaust cleaning Technician visit our HOODZ Careers Page http://careers.hoodzinternational.com/technicians
We do appreciate the time you invested in this application. Thank you, again, for your interest in our company.
HOODZ of Birmingham
Pay: $14 to $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time