HIRING NIGHT SHIFT **Manual Labor Entry Level *** On the job training!
Our company is HOODZ of Greater Palm Beach and we are part of the largest kitchen exhaust cleaning network in the nation.
We're are currently hiring for kitchen exhaust system cleaning technician positions. No experience necessary. We will provide all the training.
In this role you will work with crews of 2 or more, across Palm Beach County and the northern half of Broward County.
We usually clean 2 restaurants or facilities per night (while they are closed) and work Sunday - Thursday night (approx 8p-6a).
Must have a flexible schedule to work nights and early mornings.
- Our business is fire prevention through cleaning and inspection of kitchen hood exhaust systems to NFPA 96 safety fire code standards.
- Job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Reading and following work orders
- Unloading and loading work truck
- Setting up the job site
- Power washing and scraping of hoods, ducts, filters and exhaust fans
- Degreasing, wiping, and polishing all stainless steel
- Clean up of the job site
- This is a 30-40 hours/week position. Hours are primarily overnight (approximately 8 pm to 6 am) Sunday to Thursday, but schedule will vary and some daytime work may be required.
- This position requires an enormous commitment due to our varying work hours.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Lead Technicians start every shift at our office/warehouse in West Palm Beach and drive to multiple sites during the shift.
- This work requires you to follow established, detailed and efficient HOODZ procedures.
Skills / Requirements
- Maturity, Integrity and Reliability
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle to get to our office and or the job site
- Safe driving record
- Pass initial and ongoing background checks (no felonies, violent misdemeanors or outstanding warrants)
- Pass initial and ongoing drug test
- Work in small/tight areas
- Physically able to lift/carry 50 lbs. for 100 ft.
- Physically able to kneel/stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to climb ladders and be comfortable working at heights
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Have the desire and willingness to learn quickly and be able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Be mechanically inclined and dedicated to learning the HOODZ methods, systems and processes
Pay: $12 to $15/hour
30-40 hours per week. Paid holidays. 401K. Week paid vacation after one year. Weekly pay w/ direct deposit.
Job Status: Full Time