Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning starting at $18 per hour
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work?
Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a family-run, growing company that services foodservice, hospitality, and other facilities?
Can you work in a team, do physically active overnight work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done?
Our company is HOODZ of Hampton Roads. We’re currently hiring for Technician positions, a role that performs decontamination at client sites. No experience is necessary, however, previous mechanical, electrical, or kitchen hood cleaning experience is a plus. Training will be provided.
This position involves helping the crew leader get the job done with a big emphasis on pressure washing and wiping down vent hood systems. It is a fast-paced and team-oriented job.
Must have a flexible schedule to work nights, early mornings (when client locations are typically closed) and some days. Requires a valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and the ability to pass a background check and drug test. Must be a team player with the ability to take direction and read and understand safety and work procedures
Typically cleaning at least 2-3 locations per night. The work is normally performed Sunday - Thursday night (approx 9p-6a), However, hours can vary from time to time, depending on the job. You must have the ability to work outside in both hot and cold weather. There also may be day work occasionally.
Job duties may include, but not limited to:
- Power washing kitchen exhaust systems: including hoods, ductwork, filters and exhaust fans.
- Set up and take down of all job sites and equipment. Including hanging plastic sheeting, securing ladders, wiping down of stainless steel hoods, setting up wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, pre-sprayers, etc.
- Operation of cleaning equipment such as wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, and pre-sprayers.
- Previous experience in the operation of a scissor and/or articulating boom lift a plus
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and climb ladders to gain rooftop access in commercial and industrial establishments.
- Being able to multi-task many job duties at the same time and coordinate the job to its completion
- Maintaining and reporting any deficiencies of customer equipment.
- Complete work projects from start to finish, with limited supervision.
- Providing a high level of customer service through communication with customers and team members.
- Have the desire to learn quickly and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with a growing company.
- Must take pride in your work
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have valid driver's license and personal vehicle to get to our Operations Headquarters located in and around the Gloucester, VA area
- Pass initial and ongoing background checks
- Pass initial and ongoing drug tests
- Safe driving record
- Work in small/tight areas
- Physically able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. for 100 ft.
- Physically able to kneel/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders daily and be comfortable working at heights
- Must have a cell phone for communication
- Be mechanically inclined and dedicated to learning the HOODZ Way – our systems and processes
- Must work well with others
- Comfortable with heights and working in high places.
Core Values :
- Show dignity, and respect for all employees and customers.
- View every shortcoming or failure as an opportunity to learn and excel the next time.
- Give employees an opportunity to excel every day, then show them how they did.
- Give customers an opportunity to feel good about choosing us every time we service them.
- Give employees a living wage with benefits to promote self-worth, loyalty, and care for all customers.
- An atmosphere that values integrity and works diligently to meet customer needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- $18 per hour starting pay with no experience
- Gloucester - meet at the shop in Gloucester and travel to job locations in Company vehicle
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
To learn more about the position of being a HOODZ Exhaust Cleaning Technician visit our HOODZ Careers Page at http://careers.hoodzinternational.com/technicians
Pay: $18 to $20/hour
Depending on Experience
Job Status: Full Time