Lead Commercial Hood Cleaning Technician - Third Shift
HOODZ Kitchen Exhaust of Central and West Houston is part of the largest restoration company in the nation, and we’re growing fast in Houston. We’re currently hiring for the position of Lead Technician, a role that both leads crews and performs maintenance service on commercial hoods at client sites.
We’re looking for someone with experience in hood cleaning, someone who is mechanically inclined, and someone who is able to lead well. Further, someone who is looking to work with a professional, growing company that serves high-end restaurants and first-class hotels. The job will include managing crews, running jobs, and the opportunity for career advancement and greater responsibilities.
- Job duties include (but are not limited to) managing and performing jobs at customer sites, managing workflow and processes for a crew, and training and leading technicians.
- This is a full-time hourly position. Hours are primarily overnight (from 10pm to 5am) from Sunday to Thursday, but schedule will vary. Lead Technicians will pick up the assigned HOODZ truck and drive to multiple sites during the shift. Some daytime work may be required.
- The work is flexible and independent, focused on following detailed and efficient procedures, under management.
- Territory and job sites limited to downtown Houston; west of Katy and south of I-10.
- Compensation ranges begin between $15-18 per hour, with room for advancement and growth.
- Prior kitchen exhaust cleaning experience is required. We provide full training in our state-of-the-art techniques, as well.
- A background in plumbing, mechanics, repair, or HVAC is recommended.
- Supervisory experience is required. Must be able and willing to promote a culture of teamwork at all times.
- Must be able to work a digital camera and have basic computer skills to operate programs such as Google docs, Dropbox, and Hoodz specific software.
- Must be physically able to climb on roofs and ladders and do some lifting.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, cell phone and good references.
The right candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills, be a team player, and have experience leading and motivating crews.
- Have mechanical aptitude and the ability to work with machinery and power washing equipment.
- Have the ability to work independently while showing strong responsibility and the ability to reliably report to and communicate with upper management.
- Be looking for a long-term position with our company.
- Be focused on identifying and solving problems, and able to communicate solutions effectively.
- Be dedicated to outstanding customer service and professionalism.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit an online application at: http://careers.hoodzinternational.com/general-labor-lead-technician-third-shift/job/6382415
Pay: $11 to $12/hour
Job Status: Full Time