Lead Technician Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning -Night Shift
Are you looking for reliable, rewarding work?
Are you mechanically inclined, able to work independently, and want to work with a family-run, growing company that serves high-end restaurants and first-class facilities?
Can you work in a team, do physically active overnight work, and desire the opportunity for career advancement and recognition of a job well done?
Our company is HOODZ of Kentuckiana. We’re currently hiring for a Lead Technician, a role that supervises and performs decontamination at client sites. Previous mechanical, electrical, or kitchen hood cleaning experience is a plus, but training will be provided.
In most cases, the Lead Technician is responsible for the setup, cleaning, and takedown of the inside portion of the job.
The Lead Technician is accountable for the end result, paperwork and overall quality of the job.
This position involves directing the crew to get the job done with a big emphasis on pressure washing and wiping down vent hood (stainless steel). This is a fast-paced team-oriented job.
Must have a flexible schedule to work nights and early mornings (when client locations are typically closed).
Requires a valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and the ability to pass a background check and drug test.
Must be a team player with the ability to take and give direction and read and understand safety and work procedures
Typically cleaning 2 locations per night (while they are closed) and work Sunday - Thursday night (approx 8p-6a) with the ability to work in both hot and cold weather.
Job duties may include, but not limited to:
- Power washing kitchen exhaust systems: including hoods, ductwork, filters, and exhaust fans.
- Set up and takedown of all job sites and equipment. Including hanging plastic sheeting, securing ladders, wiping down of stainless steel hoods, setting up wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, pre-sprayers, etc.
- Operation of cleaning equipment such as wet/dry vacuums, high-pressure hoses, and pre-sprayers.
- Previous experience in the operation of a scissor and/or articulating boom lift a plus
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and climb ladders to gain rooftop access in commercial and industrial establishments.
- Being able to multi-task many job duties at the same time and coordinate the job to its completion
- Maintaining and reporting any deficiencies of customer equipment.
- Complete work projects from start to finish, with limited supervision.
- Providing a high level of customer service through communication with customers and team members.
- Have the desire to learn quickly and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with a growing company.
For more information about being a HOODZ Exhaust cleaning Technician visit our HOODZ Careers Page http://careers.hoodzinternational.com/technicians
- Must have a valid driver's license and personal vehicle to get to our Operations Headquarters.
- Pass initial and ongoing background checks
- Pass initial and ongoing drug tests
- Safe driving record
- Work in small/tight areas
- Physically able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. for 100 ft.
- Physically able to kneel/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders daily and be comfortable working at heights
- Be mechanically inclined and dedicated to learning the HOODZ Way – our systems and processes
Compensation: $15.00 - $17.00/hour (depending on experience) starting pay with increases after a 90-day start-up period based upon performance.
Core Values :
- Show dignity, and respect for all employees and customers.
- View every shortcoming or failure as an opportunity to learn and excel the next time.
- Give employees an opportunity to excel every day, then show them how they did.
- Give customers an opportunity to feel good about choosing us every time we service them.
- Give employees a living wage with benefits to promote self-worth, loyalty, and care for all customers.
Pay: $13 to $17/hour
Bonus Plan based on success of the business
Job Status: Full Time