Operations Manager - Power Washing and Hood Cleaning
Our company is HOODZ of Kansas City. We’re currently seeking a highly motivated Day Operations Manager who will be responsible for a team of service technicians.
The Production Manager is responsible for all aspects relating to the training and support of our HOODZ Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Technicians, who perform commercial hood cleaning at client sites, ensure jobs are completed on schedule, customers are satisfied and quality is maintained. The Production Manager position involves helping the crew get the job done with a big emphasis on pressure washing, cleaning, and polishing vent hood systems. It is a fast-paced team-oriented job. This outstanding leader must have a flexible schedule to and requires a valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and the ability to pass a background check and drug test. This candidate must be a leader and a coach with the ability to provide direction to the team, read and understand safety & work procedures, make correct decisions on the fly, and communicate any issues to upper management. The team typically cleans 2-3 locations per night. The work is normally performed Sunday - Thursday night (approx 8p-6a). Job duties may include, but not limited to:
- Create and manage customer relations
- Create schedules for cleaning technicians
- Communicate with night operations manager and teams on daily basis
- Review photo reports of jobs
- Invoice customers for completed jobs
- Email Service Report and Picture Perfect report to customers after cleaning
- Follow up on AR and past due invoices
- Assist in performance review of technicians
- Assist in hiring, training, and onboarding of new employees
- Stock and prepare trucks for nightly teams
- Collect keys and do on-site visits with customers
- Distribute location keys for jobs and collect and ensure proper compliance upon return
- Document and report deficiencies to customers after service
- Respond and resolve all customer complaints in a timely manner
- Coordinate & oversee equipment and vehicle maintenance
- Respond to calls from HOODZ office within a timely manner
- Communicate with owner on consistent basis to maintain and grow company
- Track up-sell bonuses
- Enter jobs into software system and ensure accuracy
- Update customer records to ensure accuracy
- Maintain shop and OSHA requirements for safety
- Review and quote new job opportunities
- Perform day cleanings and surface power washing jobs
- 5 years of experience as a Supervisor, Trainer, General Manager, or Team Lead Role
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to manage teams and crews regardless of times
- Effective communication skills in both oral and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great organizational skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work flexible hours
- Must have valid driver's license and personal vehicle to get to our operations location in Kansas City area
- Pass initial and ongoing background checks
- Pass initial and ongoing drug tests
- Safe driving record
- Physically able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. for 100 ft.
- Physically able to kneel/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders daily and be comfortable working at heights.
- Must have a cell phone for communication and submittal of timesheets.
- Experience with restaurant systems, hood exhaust systems, and/or HVAC systems would be a plus, but not required.
- Be mechanically inclined and dedicated to learning the HOODZ Way – our systems and processes
- Weekend work may be necessary at times to fulfill business needs
- Travel to training seminars and conventions may be necessary from time to time
- Normal work schedule may vary based on the needs of the business and may include both day and night work
- At home work is possible after training
Meet at the main office in Grandview area and travel in a company truck to job locations in Kansas City area.
Pay: $50,000 to $60,000/hour
Salary will be 50-60k based on experience. Future bonuses after 1 year based on company efficiency and growth.
Job Status: Full Time